Releases: Expanded View
Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway
This Season’s Package Is Bigger, Better & Perkier Than Ever
VISIT PHILADELPHIA®, the region’s official tourism marketing agency, announced an unprecedented version of its Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package for winter. Redeemable from November 25, 2016 through March 19, 2017, the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway is bookable online now at visitphilly.com/overnight and starts at $99 per night. The package, offered at 38 Center City hotels, is valued at up to $228 and includes:
- Free hotel parking
- Two untimed tickets to Jurassic World: The Exhibition, making its North American debut at The Franklin Institute
- Admission and ice skate rentals for two at Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest
- One $20 gift card for use at any of chef Jose Garces’ restaurants in Philadelphia
- A code from Uber good for one free ride valued up to $10 for new and existing customers
“Winter’s more fun when you sleep over in Philadelphia,” said Meryl Levitz, president and CEO, VISIT PHILADELPHIA. “And now, thanks to this season’s super value-added hotel package, visitors can experience all of the city’s winter wonders for themselves.”
Bookable seven days a week, the getaway is good for one- and two-night stays this winter only.
About The Package Perks:
- Free Parking: Thirty-eight participating hotels offer free parking for one car for up to two nights—that’s as much as $100 in value at Center City hotels.
- Jurassic World: The Exhibition: The Franklin Institute offers up another blockbuster North American premiere—this one shows off the wild wonders of Isla Nublar in a massive exhibition based on one of Hollywood’s biggest-ever science-fiction films. This behind-the-scenes glimpse into the magic of moviemaking and dinosaur animation stars whopping versions of animatronic dinosaurs—Brachiosaurus, T. Rex, Stegosaurus—and more beasts. Those who book this season’s deal can exchange two admission vouchers onsite for timed tickets, which include entry to the full museum. 222 N. 20th Street, (215) 448-1200, fi.edu
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest: This waterfront wonderland village features an open-air Olympic-size ice skating rink, cozy lodge with fireplaces, festive landscaping, twinkling lights, fire pits, arcade games and a variety of food and beverages. The winter package includes tickets for two rink admissions and two skate rentals. 101 S. Columbus Boulevard, (215) 925-7465, delawareriverwaterfront.com
- Garces Restaurants: Award-winning chef Jose Garces rose to prominence in the food world after he opened Amada in Old City in 2005. To date, he’s opened 10 hit restaurants in Philadelphia—Amada, Olde Bar, Tinto, Distrito, Village Whiskey, Volvér, Garces Trading Company, JG Domestic, Buena Onda and the brand-new 24. The $20 gift card included with this winter’s deal is useable at any one of them. garcesgroup.com
- Uber: Visitors can use the Uber app anytime, anywhere to get around Philly. The promo code—good for one free ride valued up to $10—is valid for new and existing Uber customers. uber.com
More Reasons To Book The Package:
Long weekends and special events and exhibits in Philadelphia this winter give visitors even more reasons to book:
- Long Weekends: Martin Luther King Jr. weekend (January 13-16, 2017) and Presidents Day weekend (February 17-20, 2017) give visitors three full days to explore. Those celebrating the life of King and the U.S. presidents can enjoy visits to historic sites and museums, such as the Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, President’s House, The African American Museum in Philadelphia and National Constitution Center, among others.
- Special Events: Thousands of decorative strutters will kick off the New Year by marching along Broad Street for the Mummers Parade (January 1, 2017). The Philadelphia Auto Show (January 28-February 5, 2017) showcases the automotive industry’s latest creations with more than 700 concept, classic, luxury and exotic cars on display at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Also at the Convention Center, the Philadelphia Flower Show (March 11-19, 2017) features top-of-the-line horticulture and landscape design, entertainment and more than 100 vendors, and, for 2017, a Holland theme. Plus, the Philly Craft Beer Festival (March 4, 2017) brings national and international breweries and food trucks to the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
- Special Exhibits: January 8 is the last chance to see the exclusive Paint The Revolution: Mexican Modernism, 1910-1950 at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Also worth a visit: Live And Life Will Give You Pictures: Masterworks Of French Photography, 1890-1950, through January 9 at the Barnes Foundation; Bill Graham And The Rock & Roll Revolution, through January 16 at the National Museum of American Jewish History; and Thomas Eakins: Photographer, through January 29 at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
Hotel Package History:
Launched in 2001 in response to the events of 9/11, the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package includes free hotel parking and special perks all year long.
So far this year, visitors have used the evergreen package to book more than 11,000 room nights—that’s a 29% increase over the number of room nights booked through the package during the same period last year. (Source: CBRE Hotels)
For a full list of participating hotels and to book the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway, visitors can go to visitphilly.com/overnight.
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is our name and our mission. As the region’s official tourism marketing agency, we build Greater Philadelphia’s image, drive visitation and boost the economy.
On Greater Philadelphia’s official visitor website and blog, visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com, visitors can explore things to do, upcoming events, themed itineraries and hotel packages. Compelling photography and videos, interactive maps and detailed visitor information make the sites effective trip-planning tools. Along with Visit Philly social media channels, the online platforms communicate directly with consumers. Travelers can also call and stop into the Independence Visitor Center for additional information and tickets.
Biggest, Best-Ever Version Of The Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Now Available
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® announces a new perk for the in-demand Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Winter Getaway. Guests who book the package and stay at any of 38 Philadelphia hotels between January 28 and February 5, 2017 receive the bonuses listed below—plus two tickets to the Philadelphia Auto Show. This package, typically valued up to $228, jumps up to a $256 value with the Auto Show tickets. The standard winter package, available until March 19, 2017, includes:
- Free hotel parking
- Two untimed tickets to Jurassic World: The Exhibition at The Franklin Institute
- Admission and ice skate rentals for two at
Get Away In January With A Special Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package
With the new year comes a new supersized version of the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package. For the month of January only, VISIT PHILADELPHIA’s popular package, available at 10 Center City hotels, comes with free parking and free tickets for four attractions and events. Those who book the getaway on both Friday and Saturday nights during any of the five weekends in the month also get a free stay on Sunday. The package is bookable at visitphilly.com/januarygetaway.
“It might be cold outside in January, but there is plenty going on in Philadelphia all month long,” said Meryl Levitz, president...
Philadelphia Rings In 2017 By Starting Early & Ending Late
In Philadelphia, ringing in the New Year begins early and ends late. Daytime and early-evening bashes entertain children at the Please Touch Museum®, Franklin Square and Independence Seaport Museum. Fireworks displays over the Delaware River go off at 6 p.m. and midnight. On New Year’s Day, thousands of colorfully costumed merrymakers march in the Mummers Parade, the nation’s oldest folk parade.
The Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package lets revelers enjoy every moment with free hotel parking, two tickets to The Franklin Institute’s Jurassic World: The Exhibition, admission and skate rentals for two at Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest, a...
'Tis The Season: Holiday Happenings In Philadelphia
Twinkling lights, the echo of carols and a nip in the air all bring a sprinkle of seasonal magic to Philadelphia. This year the festivities get an extra touch of sparkle with the launch of the Philly Holiday Festival, the city’s colorful, seven-week holiday gift to locals and visitors, featuring a new spectacularly lit tree and America’s Garden Capital Maze in Dilworth Park, parades, light shows and two fireworks displays along the Delaware River. Beyond the festivals, revelers can enjoy all of their regional favorites, including the dazzling Longwood Gardens Christmas display and Washington’s annual Crossing of the Delaware River...
Visitphilly.com: The Official Visitor's Guide For The Holidays In Philly
The best way to plan festive getaways and experiences in Philadelphia: visitphilly.com/holidays. The region’s official visitor website features the definitive guide for the holidays, from Thanksgiving to New Year’s. Also getting in on the seasonal spirit, blog uwishunu.com will publish holiday-related news through the New Year.
Here’s a look at the features of the online guide:
Seven Hotel Deals Visitors To Philly Will Be Lucky To Take Advantage Of This Winter & Beyond
Hotels throughout the Philadelphia region are offering packages to promote popular attractions and activities both indoors and out this winter season. Green thumbs can get in on Philadelphia Flower Show packages, art lovers can book a culture-packed option, families can take advantage of an offer that includes tickets to the BlueCross RiverRink and girlfriends can get cozy with a package that nabs them a 20% discount at The Bellevue’s haute shops. Here’s a look at some of the offers available this winter:
The Flower Show Hotel Package
Hotels: Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Sofitel Philadelphia, Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, Embassy
Five Winter Hotel Deals In Philly
This winter, whether visitors are spending the night in Philadelphia for a family-friendly weekend, a romantic getaway or a trip that tempts the tastebuds, there are hotel packages fitting for all itineraries. With hotels offering deals that include a free night’s stay, $50 hotel credits or seats at some of Philly’s most renowned restaurants, there’s no better time to be in Philadelphia and The Countryside®:
Winter Family Escape Package:
Hotel: Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
Package Overview: Guests who book this package enjoy waterfront activities, including complimentary tickets to the Blue Cross RiverRink and discounted admission to the
29 Days In February Means 29 Nights Of Dates In Philly
Romance abounds in February, and the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) is making it possible for couples to celebrate their love in style thanks to the month-long 29 Nights of Dates promotion. A component of GPTMC’s popular With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® campaign, which is heavily focused on couples this winter, the facebook.com/visitphilly sweepstakes features nearly 70 prizes, including a Vespa—all valued at more than $13,000.
From February 1-29 (yes, it’s a leap year), fans of facebook.com/visitphilly will have a chance to win one of 29 fun, romantic and inspired Philly dates. Fans are encouraged to check facebook.com/visitphilly each day...
Three Weeks To Book Special Winter Version Of Philly Overnight® Hotel Package
Long a fan favorite, the Philly Overnight® Hotel Package is getting super-sized this winter, and visitors have three weeks to book the money-saving offer that’s filled with more value-added items than ever before. In addition to the always-popular free hotel parking (up to a $75 value), package buyers will receive Blue Cross RiverRink ice skating passes and combo tickets for the Betsy Ross House and the new Liberty 360 3-D show for another $46 in savings. The two-night offer is available now through March 6, 2011 at around 30 hotels in the Philadelphia region, and rates start at $198. Visitors...