Releases: Expanded View
Three Tips To Plan Your Holiday Fun In Philly
Let visitphilly.com & uwishunu.com Be Your Guides
Hosting the family this holiday season and not sure what to do with them? Follow these three tips for no-hassle, stress-free planning:
- Go Online: Did you know that American Spirits: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition is on view at the National Constitution Center through the holiday season and beyond? Trying to figure out what time the Christmas Light Show runs at Macy’s? Want to make a hotel reservation? Let the experts from the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) show you the way on these sites:
- visitphilly.com: Here’s where you’ll find the scoop on where to go and what to do any time of the year. Plus, the hotel-booking widget will help you find just the right place to put your relatives for the week or weekend.
- visitphilly.com/holidays and visitphilly.com/newyears: This go-to guide for all-things holiday in Philadelphia features information about light displays, family-friendly fun, top shopping experiences, New Year’s Eve/Day happenings and more.
- uwishunu.com: GPTMC’s in-the-know blog lets you know what’s happening and worth experiencing today, tomorrow and this weekend.
- Get Advice In Person: If you prefer to get planning advice from a real, live person, then head to one of the Independence Visitor Center’s five locations—the main one’s located at 6th and Market Streets. Here, trained concierges will help you plan your day, selling you attraction tickets, giving you the scoop on available tours, making restaurant reservations and providing you with maps and brochures. While at the main location, you can also purchase souvenirs and grab a light bite. independencevisitorcenter.com
- Tour The Town: Touring the town does not have to be an overwhelming task thanks to several tour companies that literally take you all over the city. Philadelphia Trolley Works and Big Bus Company both offer tickets good for 24 or 48 hours, and both give tour takers hop-on/hop-off privileges at more than 20 key sites around town. Tickets are available at the IVC. phillytour.com
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region’s vitality.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com, where you can build itineraries; search event calendars; see photos and videos; view interactive maps; sign up for newsletters; listen to HearPhilly, an online radio station about what to see and do in the region; book hotel reservations and more. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676.
- Cara Schneider, (215) 599-0789
Looking To Pop The Question In Philadelphia On Valentine's Day? Let With Love, Philadelphia XOXO Help
Romantics looking to propose to their loved one in a big way have a chance to do just that thanks to the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation’s (GPTMC) With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® contest that includes: a personalized proposal love letter on a Philadelphia Trolley Works trolley, a $5,000 Hearts on Fire Acclaim engagement ring from Bernie Robbins Jewelers, an engagement-day photo shoot and an overnight stay at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia. Beginning on January 24, 2013, those interested in popping the question on Valentine’s Day can submit their Philly-centric love story and photo at visitphilly.com/propose. The contest closes on...
visitphilly.com & uwishunu.com: The Best Places To Get The Scoop On Philly's Fourth Of July Festivities
Philadelphia’s festive Fourth of July celebration runs from June 25 to July 8, 2012, and visitors are encouraged to go to visitphilly.com/july4 and uwishunu.com to get the inside scoop on the best viewing spots for the city’s three fireworks displays, parade details, concert line-ups, talent updates, foodie happenings and other information about what’s going on before, during and after Independence Day.
Always the go-to resource for information about all-things Philly, visitphilly.com provides up-to-date information about restaurants, attractions, events and the popular Philly Overnight® Hotel Package, which includes a two-night stay and free hotel parking. On uwishunu.com, readers can find...
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) is about to make the most romantic month of the year even more romantic with its 29 Nights of Dates promotion running throughout the month of February. A component of GPTMC’s popular With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® campaign, which is heavily focused on couples this winter, the facebook.com/visitphilly sweepstakes features nearly 70 prizes, including a Vespa—all valued at more than $13,000.
Fox 29 is GPTMC’s media partner for the 29 Nights of Dates promotion and the official station of love this winter.
How It Works:
From February 1-29 (yes, it’s a leap year),
Romance abounds in February, and the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) is making it possible for couples to celebrate their love in style thanks to the month-long 29 Nights of Dates promotion. A component of GPTMC’s popular With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® campaign, which is heavily focused on couples this winter, the facebook.com/visitphilly sweepstakes features nearly 70 prizes, including a Vespa—all valued at more than $13,000.
From February 1-29 (yes, it’s a leap year), fans of facebook.com/visitphilly will have a chance to win one of 29 fun, romantic and inspired Philly dates. Fans are encouraged to check facebook.com/visitphilly each day...
Experienced cooks and Turkey Day novices eager to give their Thanksgiving dinner extra yum appeal can head straight to Philly Homegrown™’s visitphilly.com/food to score recipes for all aspects of their mammoth meal, which they’re encouraged to use local ingredients to prepare. Submitted by top local chefs, the recipes—from a classically prepared turkey to a not-so-typical oyster hash—will satisfy seafood lovers, vegetarians and others partaking in the annual dining feast. Here’s a look at what’s cooking in the Now in Season section of visitphilly.com/food:
- Appetizers: Oyster hash recipe courtesy of Mike Stollenwerk, chef/owner of Fish and Fathom Seafood House; blended
WHAT: Have cabin fever? Most residents of the snow-covered Philadelphia region do, which is exactly why Mayor Michael Nutter and civic leaders are encouraging folks to get out and Spread the Love during this long Valentine’s Day weekend—and extending through Sunday, February 21, 2010—in Philadelphia. Really, there’s no excuse not to!
- Why drive? SEPTA is offering low fares on regional rails, the subway and el and free parking at surface lots. Offers run through Sunday, February 21, but vary from weekends to weekdays depending on your mode of transportation. septa.org
- Why pay to park? Take advantage of free metered parking
gophila.com and uwishunu.com are the go-to-sites for Philadelphia locals and visitors looking to get festive in Philadelphia and The Countryside® this holiday season. Beginning November 20, the official visitor site for Greater Philadelphia, gophila.com will offer loads of holiday content, including e-postcards, top five lists, Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day parade details, the scoop on New Year’s Eve fireworks and more. Philly’s insider blog uwishunu.com will provide up-to-the minute coverage of holiday happenings as they come in, including special meals, events and hotel deals.
Here’s what holiday revelers will find at gophila.com:
- Holiday e-postcards: Five With Love, Philadelphia XOXO™
Philly’s More Holiday Fun, an award-winning campaign by the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) to promote the region’s seasonal experiences, kicks off its second year with even more great ways to celebrate the holidays in the region. The tourism campaign includes a specialized microsite, gophila.com/holidays (details below); a public relations push focused on local, regional and national media; an advertising campaign running online and in print in Philadelphia, New Jersey, Central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley; and a hotel package. The campaign will run through January 10, 2009.
Everything a visitor needs to plan an affordable and
25 Gifts Under $25, 25 Philadelphia Experiences, 25 Discounts And An Exclusive Contest On gophila.com
Looking for a one-stop shop for holiday gifts and travel plans? On November 3, 2008, the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) launched a microsite, gophila.com/holidays, featuring themed holiday itineraries, a 25-item gift guide with nothing over $25, coupons, a contest, hotel packages that include free parking and more.
25 Under $25 Gift Guide And Contest:
Philadelphia boutiques have long been popular destinations for holiday shoppers looking to find unique items for the hard-to-buy-for people on their list. The gophila.com/holidays gift guide includes 25 great gift ideas under $25 in five categories: fashion, food, home design, kids and