Browse Releases by Categories
Items Tagged: Historic Philadelphia AND Accommodations & Hotels
Memorial Day Weekend Breaks Records For Center City Hotels
Center City hotels were full this Memorial Day weekend with both Saturday and Sunday seeing the highest occupancies for those nights in at least a decade.
Overall Weekend Hotel Occupancy:
- Friday: 82.8% (+5% from 2015 when occupancy was at 78.5%, source: Smith Travel Research)
- Saturday: 98.0% (+1.4% from 2015 when occupancy was at 96%, source: Smith Travel)
- Sunday 93.4% (+21.1% from 2015 when occupancy was at 77%, source: Travel Click 2016)
“Memorial Day weekend is the start of the summer tourism season, and what a great one it was for Philadelphia thanks to so many factors in Historic Philadelphia and...
40+ Of Philadelphia's Best Vantage Points
Filled with sensational skyline views, beautiful vistas and stunning street scenes, Philadelphia is easy on the eyes—and the lenses. Photographers and videographers covering Philadelphia for a quick news story, a full-length feature or just because have no shortage of vantage points to choose from in this city between two rivers—the Delaware on the east and the Schuylkill on the west. Here are more than 40 VISIT PHILADELPHIA-approved vantage points and insider tips for capturing just the right angle at each of them.
*Also good for man-on-the-street interviews
In Center City:
- One Liberty Observation Deck: New attraction, 883 feet
The Philadelphia Region's $2 Million Tourism Campaign Woos Summer Travelers With History, Fun And Affordable Getaways
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) announced a $2 million summer marketing campaign to promote Philadelphia and The Countryside® to travelers seeking history, fun and affordability. On June 1, the tourism organization will debut new Philly’s More Fun™ and Historic Philadelphia advertising campaigns, emphasizing a variety of summer experiences and value-driven hotel packages.
“With gas prices taking a bite out of visitors’ discretionary income, we want to send the message that Philadelphia is an exciting, accessible destination that’s also affordable,” said Meryl Levitz, president and CEO, GPTMC. “And once in town, visitors can easily get around on foot or...
Visiting Historic Philadelphia
Historic Philadelphia’s convenient location makes it easy for visitors to decide how they want to arrive—by car, train, plane or bus. Philadelphia is less than two hours from New York City, less than three hours from Washington, DC and within an easy five-hour drive of more than a quarter of the country’s population. Once here, drivers can park the car for the duration of their stay because getting around couldn’t be easier. The grid-like layout makes Philadelphia a walkable metropolis, and public transportation options abound. There are also plenty of hotels that put guests right in the center of the...
Get Patriotic This Summer With The Historic Philadelphia Hotel Package
Families heading to the nation’s birthplace this summer will have plenty of time to explore the city thanks to the new Historic Philadelphia Hotel Package, offering a great hotel rate, free parking and tickets to various attractions, at five area hotels. Here are the details:
PACKAGE AVAILABILITY DATES: Available any day of the week through September 7, 2009
HOTEL PACKAGE ELEMENTS:
- Two-night accommodations
- Free hotel parking for both nights
- Two tickets to the Betsy Ross House
- Two tickets to the Lights of Liberty Show
- Two tickets for Philly-themed miniature golf in Franklin Square
- 50% discount on two tickets to 1776:
Philadelphia's Top News And Events For 2008
- Please Touch Museum and Centennial District – When it opens on October 18, 2008, the children’s museum’s new location in Fairmount Park’s Memorial Hall—a National Historic Landmark built in 1876 for the Centennial Exhibition—will boast three times more space for exhibitions and programs. Just outside the museum, kids and adults will also delight in riding the meticulously restored 1908 Woodside Park Dentzel Carousel. (215) 963-0667, www.pleasetouchmuseum.org
- President’s House – Within close view of Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell Center, the President’s House Commemorative Site, to be erected in 2009, will mark the location of the nation’s