Browse Releases by Categories
Items Tagged: Arts & Culture AND Latino
Jan 27 2017
Seven Things to Know: Latino Philadelphia
Strength In Numbers:
- The 2010 U.S. Census reported 187,611—that’s 12.3%—of Philadelphians are Latino.
• 121,643 Philadelphians are Puerto Rican or of Puerto Rican descent.
• 15,531 Philadelphians are Mexican or of Mexican descent.
• 3,930 Philadelphians are Cuban or of Cuban descent.
• 46,507 Philadelphians are of other Hispanic descent.
- El Centro de Oro, centered at 5th Street and Lehigh Avenues in Fairhill, is the city’s hub of Latino culture. It’s home to residents from almost every Latin American country, a strong concentration of Puerto Rican families, non-profit organizations and Latino-owned businesses.
- Each year, more than two
A link to the release has been forwarded.