Releases: Expanded View
Steal This Magazine
Arrive Magazine Features A First-Time, 43-Page Special Section All About Philadelphia
VISIT PHILADELPHIA™ convened 27 of its partners for a special section in Arrive magazine. The 43-page spread in the March/April issue puts Philadelphia an arm’s length away from millions of travelers along Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor. The media value is worth $630,000.
“The magazine is packed with reasons why people should hit the rails and come to Greater Philadelphia this spring and summer,” said Meryl Levitz, president and CEO of VISIT PHILADELPHIA. “We’ve found transit magazines highly effective for Philadelphia—a region that enjoys tremendous accessibility.”
The entire Philadelphia spread is branded with With Love, Philadelphia XOXO®, and visitphilly.com is at the bottom of the pages. In line with the issue’s “Discovery Awaits” theme, the section gives people new reasons to come to Philadelphia. This is the first special feature of its kind for Arrive.
About Arrive Magazine:
- 1.4 million readers per issue
- Copies placed in all seatback pockets in trains along Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor (including Boston; New York City; Washington, DC)
- 27.6 million riders along Northeast Corridor each year
Participating Organizations (just a few of them):
- The Franklin Institute – A new three-story wing opens in June with a fun and fascinating permanent exhibit called Your Brain.
- Philadelphia Zoo – America’s first zoo is moving onward and upward with revolutionary animal exploration trails.
- University City District – The Porch at 30th Street, the Penn Museum, renowned educational institutions and warm-weather festivities make this neighborhood a destination in itself.
- Brandywine Valley – Art, gardens, architecture and landscapes make Philadelphia’s nearby countryside feel like a European getaway.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals – Thomas Jefferson has helped to make Philadelphia a leader for medical treatment and has awarded more medical degrees than any school in the nation.
This isn’t the first time VISIT PHILADELPHIA has led the way on this type of marketing tactic. The organization rallied its partners for three such Philadelphia sections in US Airways magazine in the past two years. The next Philly feature in US Airways will drop in June 2014.
VISIT PHILADELPHIA™, formerly known as Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation, makes Philadelphia and The Countryside® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases the number of visitors, the number of nights they stay and the number of things they do in the five-county area.
Greater Philadelphia’s official visitor website and blog, visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com make up the most-visited website network out of the 10 biggest U.S. cities. Visitors can explore things to do, upcoming events, themed itineraries and hotel packages. Compelling photography and videos, interactive maps and detailed visitor information make the sites effective trip-planning tools. Along with Visit Philly social media channels, the online platforms communicate directly with consumers. Travelers can also call and stop into the Independence Visitor Center for additional information and tickets.
- Donna Schorr, (215) 599-0782
The Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package Springs Into A New Season
This spring, the popular Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package includes not only its always-offered-and-convenient free hotel parking, but extra perks that make it easier for visitors to get around once they arrive too. Bookable now at visitphilly.com/overnight for stays beginning on March 20, 2017, the spring edition of the package comes with free passes for Indego, the City of Philadelphia’s bike-sharing program; free tickets for the PHLASH downtown loop, which stops at more than 20 Philly attractions; credit toward an Uber ride and $50 in SugarHouse Casino perks.
“There’s nothing quite like spring in Philadelphia,” said Meryl Levitz, president and...