Philadelphia and the Countryside - Press Room

Arch Street Meeting House

Arch Street Meeting House

Since 1682, the Society of Friends, also known as Quakers, have been meeting for worship in the unadorned space at 320 Arch Street. William Penn himself dedicated the land for what is now a National Historical Landmark. The site has served as a gathering place for pioneers of social justice and civil rights. Today, the site also welcomes visitors for tours and programming.

Credit: Photo by J. Smith for VISIT PHILADELPHIA®

Tags: Historic District, Historic Philadelphia, History

The high-resolution photo galleries of the pressroom contain downloadable high-resolution images. These images MAY be used for editorial purposes ONLY in magazines, newspapers and online; by non-profit organizations promoting Philadelphia tourism; and by for-profit organizations hosting meetings and conventions in the region. These images MAY NOT be used in advertising or in for-sale items. Photos MUST be accompanied by a photo credit that includes VISIT PHILADELPHIA and the photographer's name.

If you have further questions, please contact Courtney Smyth at or via phone: (267) 514-0557