Completed in 1895, the Philadelphia Bourse Building originally served as the first commodities exchange in the United States. Three types of masonry were used on the facade: Carlisle redstone, Pompeian buff brick and terra cotta. Bow-top girders were used to support a skylight at the third floor. Named “The Bourse” in 1979, the building was adapted to a retail and office complex. Today, it houses 24 retail and food service stores and more than 50 businesses, and it’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Credit: Photo by J. Fusco for Visit Philadelphia™
The high-resolution photo galleries of the visitphilly.com pressroom contain downloadable high-resolution images. These images MAY be used for editorial purposes ONLY in magazines, newspapers and online; by non-profit organizations promoting Philadelphia tourism; and by for-profit organizations hosting meetings and conventions in the region. These images MAY NOT be used in advertising or in for-sale items. Photos MUST be accompanied by a photo credit that includes VISIT PHILADELPHIA and the photographer's name.